Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Saying Goodbye



Well, we sent her on her way this morning.  Saying goodbye at the airport was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life.  It was so hard to let go of her knowing that it will be 18 months time before I see her again.  I am going to miss her so much.  She is one of my best friends.  I love to spend time with her.  I love the person she has become and I am so very proud of her.  She was nervous about leaving but she held it together pretty well.  She did not shed a tear until we started to hug her.  She was so brave and so mature.  But, the actual goodbyes were hard.  As she stood there before me a part of her looked like a lost little girl.  Then, in another glance, I saw an amazingly strong young lady ready to conquer the new challenges that will be placed before her.  I find comfort in knowing that she will not be alone.  I know our Heavenly Father will be with her.  I know that there are angels surrounding her.  I know she will always have someone watching over her, its just hard that I can't be the one to do that. I will pray for her every single day and I hope that she will draw strength from those prayers. I pray that she will feel our everlasting love for her while she is away from home.  May God protect her always!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment