Monday, July 7, 2014

Sick tummy, earthquake, disappointment and Dear Elder letters :)

Hola!
So this week has been such an emotional rollercoaster!! But first, i am glad everyone had a safe holiday! It was so weird not being in America on the 4th of July!! But dont worry, i proudly wore my red white and blue, and we got a new phone cause ours broke and our Zone leader is from idaho so he set a time for noon on the fourth to let us know it was the fourth. haha. However, he also set an alarm for 4 AM just to be a brat!! haha luckily i didnt even hear it but Hermana Fragoso was so mad haha. But anyway, this week was something else. I felt sick most of the week but it was just like a cold so i was fine. but then on wednesday night i had to sleep at other Hermanas house because Hermana Fragoso is the sister training leader and had a training in Guadalajara so that night I was with Hermana Santana and Hermana Rodriguez. i seriously love them and we pretty much talked in English all day which was nice. But on Thursday when we woke up i still wasnt feeling too great but after luch just felt sick to my stomach and sorry this is gross but i threw up and was miserable! So when Hermana Fragoso got back we just went home And i had like 10 dear elders that got brought here so thank you guys soooo much for writing those! I got some from Mom, dad, Sharon, Tina, Gandpa, Brittany Johansen, and i cant remember who else but they made my day so i read those and then I  went to bed at like 8! Then Friday morning i felt better than ever and now just am as healthy as can be! It was so weird! But this week we had some really good lessons and we were sure that so many of our investigators would be in church. We were so excited for it and just couldnt wait. We had 12 say they would be there and we get to church and only 4 came. it was so sad!! It is really hard when investigators dont keep their commitments. It just breaks your heart because we cant help them if they wont accept the gospel and come to church. Hopefully this week we will have more luck with our investigators! So, this week i finally felt an earthquake!! I was asleep and got woken up by it and it was super weird cause i was half asleep and didnt really know what was going on but it was cool! When we woke up the next day i asked Hermana Fragoso if she felt it and she didnt but she figured there was one because our beds were closer to the wall and a couple of things had fallen. haha. Also, there is a little girl in our ward and she is one of the little kids in the family that reminds me of our family, and she is 7 and her name is Aurora. Well the other day her grandma was who we were eating with and she was there and she was talking to us and said she wants to be  teacher when she is older so we decided she can practice on me and teach me spanish! haha so she agreed that this is a good idea and she said something like, " I dont know English, but anytime you are here or in the church, or if you are at my house, we can teach you spanish. It will be so easy!" And then she had a pen and a pencil in her hand and she was all "repeat after me." and holds up her pencil and says "lápiz" so i repeat it and she was so proud!! haha it was the cutest thing! i will get a picture with her one of these days and send it to you guys! another cool thing this week we have a zone class on tuesday so for preperation for it Elder Krambule gave me and Hermana Fragoso a talk to read, it is called "The Fourth Missionary" It is By Lawrence E. Corbridge and i read it and it is sooo good! It definitley helped me a lot, and i think it will continue to help me for the rest of my mission! It is such a big blessing in my life to be out here serving right now and I am so thankful for this opprotunity! I miss you guys like crazy, but i know that we have an eternity as a family and i want my family here to have that as well! I hope you guys have a great week and I hope summer is going well! I love you guys so much! 

Love always,
Hermana Searle

No comments:

Post a Comment