Monday, July 20, 2015

Crazy Week and Baptism for Sol :)

Hola Familia! 
WHAT A WEEK!! haha this week was so crazy! 
First off, on Monday we had another Family home evening and it was with Sol and her family, and some families from the Elders area! It went really well! I love the family home evenings we have here because it has really helped the members become closer and they are always so spiritual! On Tuesday we had our district class and it went really well! The past week we all struggled a little but and Elder Sosa decided to teach about stress managment. haha we all said we werent stressed at all and then he started asking us a bunch of questions about how we felt and we came to the conclusion that as a district we were really stressed. So we did some relaxation and it helped a lot, we were all so happy after(: haha then The true craziness began,
We had to finish teaching Sol all the lessons and we only had Wednesday Thursday and Friday to do it, but she wasnt going to be here Wednesday so Thursday we had an appointement with her and She wasnt home, We tried calling her grandma and we couldnt get ahold of them. We had the appointment at 7 and finally at like 8:35 we found them and finished the last lesson. On Friday morning was Sols interview and she passed (: She was so cute and happy when Elder Allen told her that she would really be getting baptized on Saturday(: We then had to set up the church for the branch movie night the movie went really well and everyone seem to enjoy it. We made like 50 bags of popcorn with one of the young women here and lets just say at least 20 of the bags were dumped out on the floor due to little kids :( So the church was a mess after. Since it was late we couldnt finish cleaning so we had to wait to do it Saturday morning. On Saturday there were 4 baptisms(: Sol, and 3 of the elders investigators got baptized. Since the Elders were in Santiago, which is about an hour away from San Blas, in splits with the Zone leaders we had to set up the church for the baptism and when it rains here, the close the water system so the salt water doesnt conaminate the clean water, and the baptismal fount wasnt filling up. It was super stressful.. The elders got there late and so did a few of their investigators but all in all the baptism was so great! The spirit was so strong and SO many people came to support everyone! It made me so happy to see them all there! After the baptism we had to clean the church once again and set up the chairs for sacrament meeting. haha We seriously cleaned the church so many times this week haha and then on Sunday as we were waiting to start sacrament meeting Sol didnt show up!!! We tried calling and sending messages and they didnt answer but finally like 2 minutes before she was supposed to be confirmed her and her brother walked into the church. It was such a releif to see her there and she was confirmed and so happy! Overall it was a great week. It was probably one of the most stressful because things really just werent going as planned. But I am so happy that Sol and the ohters were able to be baptized and that all went well! This week I really learned a lot of patience and was able to see how the Lord really provides the way for everything to work out! I love this work so much and I love being here in San Blas. It is unreal to me how fast time is going and that soon I will be home. I am the first one in my district who will finish my mission and the Elders always remind me :( haha but I hope to make the very most of the last 4 months I have left. I love being a missionary and I feel so blessed to be a part of the most amazing work there is. I love you all so much and I am so thankful for all of your love and support! I hope that you guys have another amazing week and I hope you can keep enjoying summer!! Love you guys! 
Love always,
Hermana Searle 

No comments:

Post a Comment