Monday, June 23, 2014

Lots of Rain!!

Hola!!
What a week it has been! This week has flown by! I cant believe it is already monday again! But anyway, it has been a great week! The language is hard, really hard, I feel like i know nothing but people here are really nice and always say my spanish is improving. haha. On Tuesday I had to go with two other hermanas because hermana Fragoso is the sister trainer leader and had a meeting in a different little town. I was with Hermana Santana and Hermana Rodriguez. Hermana santana is from the Dominican Republic but knows sooo much english and Hermana Rodriguez is from Vegas. It was nice to be able to talk in english with them and get more help with spanish. Their area is super hot, even hotter than mine, and alll day we were just hoping it would rain. well we got what we wanted! It was a downpour!! I will send pictures! we had to walk in it to the church and it was probably the funnest thing ever! It felt so good! When it rains here it either sprinkles for like 5 minutes or is a downpour for like 2 hours haha. On wednesday and thursday lessons were good and we had a lesson with a family that the parents are inactive but they have 9 kids and one agreed to take the lessons. His name is Silvino and he is 18. He knows some english, yay, and is a pretty good investigator. he asked us to write our testimonies in a book of mormon for him so we did, and are super excited to give it to him. His parents were awesome in the lesson because they explained so much about the gospel they have really strong testimonies so i hope we can get them back to church. On friday we had divisions or something, It is when the trainers get training. So me and Hermana Afu, who got here the same day as me but from the provo MTC, had to teach together!! Luckily we had a member, Nelva, with us and it was a good lesson. Yesterday at church 7 of our investigators were there! And, me and my comp. Elder Alvarez and Elder Krambule had to sing in sacrament. I literally about died haha. I do not sing so I was so scared. Luckily Hermana Fragoso and Elder Krambule have amazing voices and it all worked out. We had a lesson with the Olvera Family and they are the best! They are the ones that the daughters have their baptism date but the parents need to get married. They are my favorite they are so awesome! They are way good to us and always so welcoming! They have such strong testimonies and i am so happy for them! (: 

It sounds like you guys had a crazy week!! I cant believe it snowed so much at camp the pictures look like it was still a blast though! I am kinda sad i missed it! I am super jealous you guys saw Arya!! But I will just go visit her in 16 months! haha I hope you guys have another great week! Thank you for the love and support!! I love you guys so much! 

love always,
Hermana Searle

No comments:

Post a Comment