Wednesday, August 27, 2014

She loves her dad:)

Hola Familia!
First off, Thank you so so so much for the package!!!(: I got it on Wednesday and it made my week! I also got a letter from dad, books and Abbey morrison! So thank you all so much! It was so good to get actual letters and american candy (: haha but this week was pretty good! We had zone conference and it was so good! Like amazing! Honestly, President Wagner and Hermana Wagner are such amazing people and I am glad i get to be serving here when they are here! As a mission we have really been focusing on understanding the atonement and what it really means to repent for our sins, and what it means for our investigators to make covenants such as baptism. President wagner had us do a lot of practices and showed us how to use the scriptures and how to better follow the spirit. Sometimes I feel as though I need to talk a lot to be able to help our investigators learn but in reality the spirit is more powerful than anything, and the scriptures explain better than I ever can what they need to understand. We also learned that, continual repentance isnt enough to be keeping our baptismal covenant. If we just continually repent we only have done things that added to the suffering of our Savior. to keep our baptismal covenant we need to make permenant changes in our lives so that we can become more like Christ. We also talk a lot about enduring to the end, and the end isnt just when we  die, its enduring until we are as christ was! This really was such a good conference and I know I personally have a lot to work on before I can be as Christ was and it is a really big responsability but it is also such a blessing that we have the chance to do that, and that we always have the help of our Savior! He knows everything we are feeling at all times and is always ready to help us if we can just pray In faith, and in his name to our Heavenly Father! Also this week I got to work with Hermana Giradelli for a day! She is from California and has about 9 months in the mission and she is awesome! Everyone thinks we are twins or sisters because well we are both white with blonde hair and blue eyes and look like we dont belong here, but I really learned a lot from her! We taught some really good lessons and the spirit was so strong! We taught an inactive member about the priesthood and she had asked if i could share an experience so i just talked about how having a dad who is a worthy priesthood holder has always been such a blessing in my life, and I of course got emotional but it was so great! The hermana, her name is silvia, wants to get back to church and she was so happy and greatful that we were able to visit her! We also taught an investigator whose wife is a member but he isnt. His wife is a recent convert, and sadly she has cancer, but her and her husband are so strong! He has a baptism date set for the 30th of this month. but they have to go to Guadaljara for her cancer treatment but I know that God will bless them in this time as he strives to follow the example of our savior. I hope that Hermana Giradelli can keep me updated on their progress! But as for my area, we had one really solid investigator who we thought for sure would get baptized, but he decided he doesnt want lessons anymore because he doesnt want to live the word of wisdom, or the law of chastity. And it was really hard because we cant make him change but i hope and pray one day he will accept the gospel! This upcoming wednesday we will be in Colima for a conference type thing which means I get to see Hermana Newbold!!! (: (: I am super happy about that! This week is also the last week of my training and the last week of this transfer so next week I might be in a new area! But i hope you guys have an amazing week! I love you all so much! Thank you again for the package and letters (: You guys are the best! 

Love always,
Hermana Searle 

No comments:

Post a Comment