Monday, December 15, 2014

Guadalajara and Russel M Nelson :)

Hola Familia! 
What a great week(: I feel extremely blessed this week to have been able to meet Elder Russel M. Nelson and listen to him speak to us! This week we were so busy and it was a week that truly flew by! On Tuesday we had our district class which went really well! We were able to have Hna. Nayheli and Hna. Maty and Hno. Alan with us all day so we went on splits! I was with Hna. Nayheli and Hno. Alan and oh my... lets just say they are going to get married one day because they fight like a married couple ha it honestly was kinda a frustrating day but it helped me realize how important it is to really focus on what matters out here! They are both great, just get distracted really easily! haha on Wednesday we were able to work alot with the less actives! On Thursday we were able to teach Liliana and Rafael( with the cute little boy who is also named rafael!) and they are realy great! On Friday it was a day that was so crazy! we had the ward Christmas dinner and we had invited a lot of investigators and all day we were running around trying to make sure everyone had a ride and that everyone was good to go. we felt like noone was going to be there because of how crazy it all was but when we got there we had 5 Investigators, and about 8 less active members there which was great! It was a really good activity! Then Saturday at 2 in the morning we headed to Guadalajara! When we got there I got to see Hna.Newbold(: and well the entire mission was there and the other Guadaljara mission as well! We had to get flu shots which wasnt very fun haha but then we all got situated and Elder Nelson got there and he took the time to greet each and everyone of us (462 missionaries) and shake each of our hands and I honestly cant even explain how great it was! The spirit was so strong and to be able to shake the hand of one of the Apostoles of our Savior is something I will never forget! There were also 3 Elders of the 70 there and each talk was amazing! And when we sang the hymns the spirit was so so strong with all of the missionaries there and overall it was a day that was beyond amazing! Yesterday I got to talk in church and I was so nervous!! haha it was the first time I have given a talk in church since I left the CCM and our ward is really big! haha but all in all it went really well! After in our gospel principals class one of the investigators of the Elders asked me if I spake english and I told him yes and then he explained to me how he has been going to different churches and looking for answers and that he just cant find them but during my talk he could feel the spirit and it was such a strong testimony builder for me because I honestly didnt have the best talk and I wrote it on the way to church but I know without a doubt that I was an instrument in the Lords hands and it is such a blessing! It is amazing knowing that through the power of the spirit and through the atonemnent of our savior anything is possile! I really just feel extremely blessed this week and am loving being a missionary! We have some new investigators to find this week and I am trying to find the good in everyday even when noone wants to listen to us! haha but really I am loving the mission and I am so glad you guys are all doing so well! I cant believe we are only 10 days away from Christmas(: I hope that you guys have an amazing week! I love you all so much(: 
Love always,
Hermana Searle

No comments:

Post a Comment